Please see full statement on today’s closure of Chattanooga City Hall

View Our
Facebook Page!

Report Fraud, Waste,
and Abuse

Online Services Payments, GIS Maps, Tax Information
Contact Department contacts, Reports and Requests

Block & Roll Neighborhood Block Party Program

NBP FB Image

The Chattanooga Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the Songbirds Foundation have teamed up to offer the Block & Roll Neighborhood Block Party Grant Program, which will bring neighbors together by providing the tools and resources necessary to activate public spaces in communities throughout Chattanooga. A total of twenty-five applications were received for the grant program, and six neighborhoods were awarded funds to host their own block party.

The winning Neighborhood Associations from the 2017 Block & Roll Program are Shepherd Community Council, Menlo Park, Lupton City, Boyce Station, Eastdale and Churchville.

Reed Caldwell, the Executive Director of the Songbirds Foundation states, “We would like to extend our congratulations to all the winning neighborhoods. We are extremely excited to be a part of this program and are looking forward to seeing what each community does for their block party."

Neighborhood Block Party Grant funds will be used to cover the costs associated with

throwing a block party, including all applicable permit fees, the cost of barricades and signs required for closing a neighborhood street, and activities or entertainment for the event. In addition, through a partnership with Outdoor Chattanooga, CDOT will help facilitate additional programming as available such as archery, bike riding or kayak lessons.

The Block & Roll Neighborhood Block Party Grant is made possible thanks to funding by the Songbirds Foundation.

If you have any questions about the Neighborhood Block Party Program, please email Jonathan Susman at or call 423-643-6156.

Development Resource Center
1250 Market Street, Suite 3030 (map)
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Office Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm
Phone: (423) 643-5950

Request new or report problems with existing traffic control devices by calling 311, (423) 643-6311, or by visiting

Brian May